Monday, December 7, 2009

26 Weeks


I am 26 weeks and counting.. and getting closer to the last trimester!! We had an OB appt today and everything went well. I had to do the glucouse screening which was not very fun at all. I haven't heard the results but I am sure they will call if something showed up. We are in the middle of rotating through the 5 doctors in the practice so we will know all the OBs when it is time to deliver. My BP was 108/62 and I gained 4 more lbs. Today was the first day they did measurements and my belly measured exactly 26 weeks. When the doctor tried to listen to his heart beat he kicked the doppler!! He kicked it everytime she tried to listen... he is definitely a fiesty little bug.

Well... he may be nameless for a while because my lovely husband wants to wait until we see him to give him a name! Hopefully I can convince him to make a decision before this new babe graces us with his presence. My sister is pushing for a name so she can monogram his belongings!

We did a little Christmas shopping while we were near the mall and finished getting Isaac's presents. He only gets 3 presents from Mom and Dad. Our philosophy is, "If 3 presents were good enough for Jesus then they are good enough for anybody!" We have been doing this the last two years and it works well. There is just not any sense in spoiling a child so lavishly when he has all he needs and wants.

2 comments: