Monday, November 8, 2010

7 months and on the go


This child is going to be walking soon. He crawls lightning fast, pulls up on EVERYTHING and is cruising around the furniture one handed. He has stood by himself a few times for a second or two. He is wearing me OUT! Eli has learned how to use the pincher grasp and is feeding himself puffs and yogurt bites. I am hesitant to try finger foods cause I am petrified he will choke. I don't remember being this nervous with Isaac.. maybe because I hadn't worked with babies with swallowing problems and learned all about dysphagia at that point. I know he is fine but it still sikes me out. Let's see.... what else.. he reached for me and said mama :) Josh was jealous cause he wanted him to say Dada first! He has also been imitating "hey". Eli loves to play. He has a new game called "up.. down". When you hold his fingers and say "up" he pulls up and when you say "down" he plops down on command. My big boy weighs a whopping 19 lbs 9 oz....and my arm, back, shoulders, etc can testify to it!

We had a health scare this month. Last Monday my mom called me at work and said that Eli was throwing up and I needed to come home. So as I was on the way she called again panicking telling me to hurry. He had thrown up around 10 or so times, couldn't hold his head up, his lips turned blue and looked 'lifeless'. Since Mom lives 2 minutes from the hospital we rushed him to the ER. They did a complete workup (CT scan, abdominal x-rays, blood, urine) and all they found was that his white blood count was elevated 3x's normal. After being at the ER 5 hours they finally sent us home without a indefinite diagnosis as to what was going on (the ER doc said it could have been a seizure). We stayed up all night watching him. We followed up with his pediatrician the next day and he was not sure what was wrong either. He ordered more blood and this time his white blood count was back in the normal range. The peditrician said from a description of what happened that it did not sound like a seizure but he couldn't give us an idea other than perhaps food poisoning. I think food poisoning is unlikely too because all he is eating is breastmilk and baby food. So anyway we are so very thankful he is  back to normal and just pray that this was an isolated incident that will never happen again!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, his motor skills are CRAZY!!!! You are in SO much trouble!!!!! Ava keeps getting on her hands/knees and rocking...I keep waiting for her to dart across the room. That tummy incident must have been sooo scary; I'm glad he's feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my -- that sounds very scary! I pray he doesn't get sick again. And I hope you find the energy to keep up. It completely changes the game when they get mobile!

    ReplyDelete