Wednesday, March 9, 2011

11 months....Eli is almost one!

Eli's 11 month update:
Length: Long
Weight: HEAVY
Shoe size: 5 1/2
Clothes size: 18 months
Eli is walking everywhere and into everything. He is a sweet, well natured baby. He hasn't added too many new words lately because he has been so focused on walking. He does like to say an approximation of 'woof woof' when you say what does the dog say. He also likes his Papa Jim to sing  "Who let the dogs out" and he responds "woof woof". He loves trucks and balls. He will push trucks around the living room making 'vrrmm vrmmm' noises. He says 'ball' a lot! He can kick a ball and throw a ball. It is so funny how boys seem to gravitate towards 'boy' toys. Eli is eating mostly table food, some baby food, formula and breast milk. I did buy organic whole milk and have been giving him a few ounces mixed in to get him used to the taste. My milk supply is about dry.. he only nurses morning and night. I wanted to nurse longer but I am thankful we have made it to a year. I have been supplementing since my dad died because my supply plummeted. I am very thankful we have not had to buy formula until recently.. wow that stuff is expensive! He continues to sleep through the night which I am very, very thankful for. I left him for the first time this past weekend to go take care of my Aunt Jane in Georgia. I was gone Friday through Monday night and Josh had the boys all to himself. He did take Eli over to his mom's on Saturday afternoon for a few hours while he "cleaned house and went to the grocery store" napped. He told me that he would never take me for granted so hopefully he won't forget that experience for a while.
Eli fed himself applesauce with a spoon.. then he saw my spoon and tried that one....


then he decided spoons were for the birds and used his mouth!

2 comments:

  1. Get it Eli...show Mama how it's done! I wish Ava would eat like him. I weighed her yesterday and she was 17 pounds..............she should be 20 lbs by a year (according to her birth weight)...I'm thinking not gonna happen! Are your arms feeling buff from carrying him around? Congratulations on making it so long nursing...you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie.. thanks! He is a mess and my arms are definitely sore all the time. I put him in a back pack carrier to pick up garbage outside today and my legs still feel shaky from toting him around. Ava may just be a petite girl like you!! She is adorable. I think Eli will definitely triple his birth weight at his year check up.

    ReplyDelete