Monday, August 10, 2009

OBX







We went to the Outer Banks for summer vacation this year with my family. Last year we went with Josh's fam so we try to take turns! We went with my mom, step-dad, uncle, nanny, cousin, sister, brother-in-law, baby nephew, husband and son. We stayed in a nice resort in Kitty Hawk with plenty of room for everyone!


The guys went fishing and golfing a few times. I did go sit on the pier and watch them fish once... not really my cup o' tea! They caught Croaker everytime they put their pole in the water. When you take the fish off the hook they 'croak', hence the name.


My little nephew enjoyed sleeping under the cabana at the ocean. The lull of the sea put him right to sleep. He had plenty of willing hands to hold him all week and my sister enjoyed the respite. I gave him a bath a couple times and fed him his baba. Mom tried to get Josh to change a diaper for practice but he opted out!


On Saturday we went sightseeing. We originally planned on going to take the ferry and see the Wild Horses but we shot that idea down when we found out it was a 4 hour drive round trip.... not too fun especially since we were going to drive so far on Sunday to get home. Instead we went putt-putting, to the Wright Brothers Park, and to see Bodie Island lighthouse. Nanny was the queen of putting; she had several birdies. Isaac even made a hole in one! I, however am not a good putter. My score was 76 and par was 42.... oops. Fun none-the-less. I am posting a few pics from the experience. Since Isaac will be studying NC this year in 4th grade we decided a nice educational trip to the Wright Brothers Park would be up right up his ally! To end the day we went to see one of NC's many lighthouses, Bodie. Unfortunatly we could not go up. Pretty pics though.

All in all we had a great relaxing vacation. I worked on my tan and read 7 books. I did take a shot of my 8 1/2 week bump... not posting it though!! I am feeling good.. morning sickness stay away.

1 comment:

  1. Love your cute little bloggie. I need to pick mine back up after school gets started and I get back in the swing of things. I've been so slack this summer, but I've enjoyed the RESPITE. Haha. I've done much personal writing though, as you can imagine. Glad you're feeling well.....you and your little yolk sack....

    ReplyDelete