Saturday, July 10, 2010

Callaway Gardens

This year we went on vacation with my dad, Aunt Jane, and Uncle Richard. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew were supposed to come but were unable to at the last minute :( This was the first time we have been on vacation with my dad and aunt since 2005 so we were pretty pumped to get to spend the week with them. We decided to go to Callaway Gardens in Georgia... a favorite vacation spot from my childhood. We first went to Callaway in 1990 and then went 3 more years after that. Audra and I loved the day camp and have a lot of fond memories from the trips. We picked Callaway because Isaac is just the age to have a great time,  there are beautiful golf courses for the guys, and of course..the spa! Callaway is located on 14,000 acres with 20+ miles of bike trails throughout the gardens. We brought our bikes and even purchased a bike trailer that we could pull Eli in and tried to ride each day. Eli would close his eyes and lay his head down when we would ride and when we stopped he would open his eyes and look around.  Isaac loved to ride to camp in the morning but since it was about 3 miles each way we alternated taking him and picking him up from camp. Isaac had swimming each day at Robin's beach (the largest man made beach in the US), circus skills, arts/crafts, archery, golf, tennis, geocatching and much more! My dad and Josh played golf and my Aunt Jane treated me to a day at the spa. The 110 minute exfoliation, body, scalp, foot massage was fabulous! Dad and I found a restaurant that had delicious bread pudding so we had to revisit that establishment for a re-run! Eli did great on the trip... it helped that we left at 430 am on the way down there and 10 pm on the way back to maximize his sleeping time. Thanks Aunt Jane and Daddy for the vacation!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.2
Aunt Jane, Eli, Grandpa and Isaac

Eli with his toes in the sand

Isaac heading out to Ice-berg Island
Josh and I took him and joined the fun one day and afterwards my arms were sore!
My boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment