Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4 months old



Eli is officially 4 months old. Here are his updated stats: 15 lbs 8 oz and 26 1/4 inches long; he was in the 50th percentile for weight, head circumference, and the 80th percentile for height. Time sure is flying by and Eli is learning new tricks everyday... here are his latest accomplishments: He is making all sorts of sounds (mostly vowels), he is pushing up and extending his arms when he is on his belly, he will sit for a few seconds before toppling over, he is reaching and grabbing toys, grabbing his passy putting it in his mouth and removing it from his mouth, laughing out loud, smiling, and cooing.

 He has a very laid back personality... except for meal time when he gets downright angry when you take his milk! We have started rice cereal mixed with breast milk via spoon. He doesn't like to eat his cereal when he is tired or ready to nurse so I have to catch him in between. I just bought out the store a few jars of baby food to try. I think I will start with veggies... since his pediatrician didn't seem to have a preference. So all in all he is a pretty good baby... oh wait.. I didnt' mention sleeping!

Sleeping.. what is sleep? That thing I have not had in 5 months! Occasionally we will have a good night which consists of sleep from 10 pm to 3:30 am (feed, poop, change), and then sleep until 6 am or 7 am. Other nights I succumb to exhaustion and put him in the bed with me and feel like a sow with my piglet attached! Yeah yeah.. I know this is not a great.. heck, even good arrangement but at least I do nod off. I definitely did NOT put one of Isaac's mattresses off his bunk beds in the nursery... and I most assuredly do NOT end up sleeping in there 4-5 nights a week! :o

2 comments:

  1. Hey...we do what we have to do to get some rest sometimes!!! I am glad Eli is growing so well and you should feel so proud for sticking with the nursing despite your sow-piggie experience :)

    Glad your kitty is feeling better....our cat was only 9 pounds and was evil with fur...I certainly couldn't have held her still to put a pill down her throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I think "cutest blog" relocated some of their background images on photobucket...I had to go find mine again and redo the html..looks like yours might be one of the ones missing.

    ReplyDelete