Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011---- where are the pictures???

Well... I have misplaced my camera. So I have absolutely no pictures from Christmas. We have a few videos on the Blogger camera and Josh's phone. Other than that I have one from my phone I took the other day as I was taking down the tree. This year was tough. I was so emotional thinking about my grandmother and Dad not being here; I definitely broke down several times. Last year we had just learned that Daddy had lung cancer and he was taking chemo and radiation. We had no idea that in a week he would be gone. My Aunt Jane and Uncle Richard came in and spent Christmas with us so that was nice (we are their only family left) and we were thrilled they were here. We had Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve since my sister and her family were leaving to go to her in-laws that evening. Mom cooked a big breakfast and we all brought food; I made 2 quiches (is this plural?), hash-brown casserole, and pigs in a blanket. Eli's favorite toys were the take apart truck with working drill and the plasma car. He also had fun with his new power Buzz Lightyear truck from Mawmaw and Pawpaw. He was a bit skittish at first but was soon pushing the button and riding around like a pro. Isaac was absolutely pumped with his new I-pod touch (he had been saving quite a while for it) as well as his new air-soft gun from my mom and step-dad. Josh and I did stockings for each other but I did secretly surprise him and I got him a 'work coat' (a Carhart jacket) for all the tree splitting he needs to do at our new house. We continue to adhere to the 3 present rule which we started a few years ago. The boys get three presents from us and their stocking. However by the time we are finished with Christmas on both sides of the family they definitely have more than enough. We both see no sense in spoiling them senseless since they are spoiled enough as it is throughout the year. Our philosophy continues to be "If 3 presents were good enough for Jesus, they're good enough for anybody!" Christmas morning we had all intention of going to church but for some reason which I think is related to the back molars Eli is cutting.. we were up all night. He was sooo cranky Christmas morning even the presents were not enough to contain the beast! He whined and whined.. so he went down for a nap at 9:30 am and after that he had a much better day. We went to Josh's family after Eli's nap and had a great time being with all the family. This year all his siblings and their families were in town for Christmas. Even with the sadness of my dad missing we are so blessed to have wonderful families that shower us with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment