Saturday, October 26, 2013

Isaac updates

Isaac is staying busy. He is in the 8th grade, has football practice daily until 6:00 and then games on Wednesdays. He is involved in our church youth group, and is reading books for this year's Battle of the Books.  Josh and I went to his parent conference this past week and were blown away by the feedback we recieved. His English teacher just kept bragging about how he is super smart, has great classroom participation, is respectful, a good friend, and just an all around great kid. One of the things that touched me the most was when she said that he was very humble- he is self confident but not arrogant ... she said a lot of AIG kids are smart and know it, and come off arrogant or condescending to other students. His math teacher echoed that Isaac always had the answers and she loved that he participated in class. She said that she moved him to a different location so he could encourage others to participate more in class. His grades were great and we are so proud of our big boy! I don't even have to ask (even though I do.. it's a habit I guess) if he has homework because he always takes responsibility and gets it done.

One of Isaac's teachers said, "How many kids to you have?" We said, "Three". She said, "Good, have some more". She said the world needs more kids like Isaac. I think it's a weird and sweet compliment but I've got my hands full with the three dearies that I already have. Plus, I have a feeling that my wild man Eli is going to give his teachers a run for their money. Isaac has always been the 'ideal' student and every year we hear things like "Oh, I wish I had a whole classroom of kids like Isaac." Eli is extremely smart (this is the one that could identify every letter in the alphabet before he turned two from watching a movie in the car) but he is sooo wide open! I'm hoping that he calms down a bit before kindergarten. Now, if I can keep Olivia from being too spoiled by being the baby and the only girl then I will be in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment