Monday, September 1, 2014

Isaac finishes Junior High!

1st day of High School

My oldest finished up 8th grade, turned 14 and is heading into the uncharted waters of HIGH SCHOOL! He enjoyed junior high (surprisingly) and excelled. I could seriously brag on this boy all the time. He is brilliant, a good student, respectful, nice to others, a great friend, a wonderful big brother and absolute JOY to this mama's heart. It's just crazy watching my tiny baby boy grow up into this young man that weighs about 30 more pounds than his mama, is taller than me and definitely stronger. He can do those tasks I can't do... like getting a weed eater started, opening hard to open cans, lifting really heavy furniture.

At awards day in 8th grade he was picked out of all the 8th grade boys to be given the Andrew Wilkerson Award. It was given to a student that is smart, a hard worker, and has a good sense of humor, and kind to others. Isaac definitely fits all those characteristics and I'm glad that others see that in him as well.

I've had so much fun with him home this summer and really didn't want school to go back. We have had fun just cutting up in the car, picking on each other, and even talking about the hard stuff. He still kisses my cheeks and hugs me everyday! I am so thankful. Of course I will always love my kids no matter what but it's so nice that even in these days of hormones raging that I like hanging out with my teen.







For Isaac's 14th birthday this year we drove about 1 1/2 hours to a trampoline park. He took his cousins and a couple friends along and they had a blast. They played dodgeball on trampolines the entire time. When we were finished the boys were covered in sweat, and extremely stinky. We all went to dinner at Isaac's choice restaurant, Olive Garden and then came home to a sleep over with his cousins.
















No comments:

Post a Comment