Sunday, May 30, 2010

2 months old

Eli went for his 2 month check and weighs 12 lbs 4 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long! Today was also the day for his first shots.... so sad. I am always weary about watching babies get shots... I actually passed out when I saw my baby cousin get a shot when I was 16. I was standing at the nursery window watching and I just went down. I hit my head on the metal door frame of the hospital door and it took the paint off the door. I ended up having a CT scan because I hit the door so hard!

Josh had a catastrophe at work so he couldn't go with me to the doctor so I nicely ask guilt tripped my mom into going. Everything went well though...I looked away as the nurse poked Eli's little legs and he only cried for about 30 seconds. Isaac showed the pediatrician how Eli could smile on command and filled out the development questionnaire for us. When the pediatrician asked if we had any questions, Isaac wanted to know why Eli's chin quivers sometimes. We were told it is a baby reflex. It is fun to watch him grow and change :)

Eli is changing so much each day. He is cooing and smiling all the time. He is putting toys and clothes in his mouth now and has learned to roll from his belly to his back! He is also doing better sleeping and skipping a feed pretty regular through the night. We have not yet had an uninterrupted night.. he still wakes for his passy a few times and has a tendency to poop around 3 am!

Isaac is finishing his 4th grade year. EOG's are over and he did great... 4's again for reading and math this year! He scored in the 99th percentile in reading! He is such a smart, sweet boy and I am truly blessed to be a mother to such wonderful boys! I love my babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment