Friday, May 21, 2010

8 weeks old and back to work!

8 weeks
So, I headed back to work this week and I am completely exhausted! Eli is not sleeping very well through the night. I sure hope he is a better sleeper than Isaac... Isaac was 2 1/2 before he slept through the night!  I was up with him 4 times counting a nursing session and Josh was up at least 4 times as well. Needless to say we are both pretty exhausted.

Eli is staying with my mom.. aka "Nana" during the day and I am so very thankful! Nana said that he has been an angel baby. He is whoofing down between 5 and 7 oz bottles and has been a snuggle bear. My mom is a wonderful mother and I know he has the very best care... she is even following the Baby Whisperer instructions. The Baby Whisperer (it is a fun and easy read) came recommended from my sister.. she used it and her son Carter started sleeping through the night right away. The book tells you to put your baby down when they become drowsy and then if he cries pick him up and comfort him and then lay him back down. The book also talks about the EASY routine.. Eat, Activity, Sleep, You time. So I guess we will see if it works... so far he is still waking up NUMEROUS times during the night. I am extremely blessed with a wonderful caregiver for Eli... there is no one I would rather leave him with than my mom. Hopefully he won't be too spoiled.

Work has been great.. besides administering boring and pointless EOGs. Everyone was so sweet and welcoming and my kids really missed me too. Of course it was nice to be back with Isaac.. he even admitted that he missed me being there with him. He has given me sweet hugs during the day. Eli's feeding routine is working out well. I nurse before I leave for work, pump twice at school, and then nurse the rest of the evening. Today I pumped 18 oz so I am still making more than he is consuming which is nice. My friend Jennifer recommended a 'pumping bra' so I purchased one and I highly recommend it! It is hands free and so I was able to write an IEP and pump milk :) Here is a pic of the one I purchased online.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's going okay for you back at work. I have that same bra...isn't it breathtaking, ha!? I used to wear it while doing IEP paperwork and talking on the phone to parents...classy. :) You should feel very lucky/proud that you are able to pump that much...that's more than I get in a whole day!!! Your summer vacation will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's rough when they don't sleep through the night, but he'll get there! Micah slept through the night at 10 weeks and Grayson at 13 weeks. We had to work really hard to get there but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete