Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Speechie post and Mid-week Confessions

Besides blog surfing about parenting, hearing loss, food, and shopping... my other passion is of course speech-language blogs. I found this gem of a site a while back and I think it has so many wonderful resources for professionals and parents as well. It has a great arsenal of 'r' remediation techniques, and I am always searching for a new better way to teach the dreaded /r/.

There is a speech-language development chart from birth all the way to 5 years of age that's super helpful. I think it's pretty much spot on in terms of development and very parent friendly.  Even though Olivia has official standardized speech language testing, I still like to check out the developmental chart to make sure she's on track.

Fellow speech people... if you have any other awesome speech blogs you follow.. point me that way!

Now for my mid-week confessions:

1. My children have not taken simultaneous naps at all this week and I'm in dire need of quiet time. Yesterday, Olivia woke up from her nap and was just playing and talking in her crib so I left her there for about 10 minutes while I did a few chores. Does anyone else feel guilt about leaving your kid in their crib for a few minutes after nap?? I don't know why the guilt hits me.. I'm not leaving her for an extended amount of time and she's happy, but still it gets me. For some reason I feel like I should get her out right away when she wakes up. Oh well.

2. I went to help Isaac put his clothes away and I about gagged when I walked in. The smell was horrible. I went around sniffing.. the closet, his shoes, the sock drawer. I finally found the culprit.. his bed! Uhggg the smell! I mean I really do wash his sheets regularly. So I stripped down the entire thing including the down comforter liner and washed it on the extra dirty hot cycle.



2 comments:

  1. james and elizabeth often have 20-30 mins of play time in their cribs before i get them out. but i figure as long as they're happy and they can talk to each other and i know they're safe in their cribs, that it's okay. it's good for babies to learn to entertain themselves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Betsy, you are right. They do need to learn how to entertain themselves. I don't have a problem when I put her down for her nap.. she usually plays in her crib a while before she goes to sleep but it's the after nap that gets me. I like the yearly pics you posted of the twins. The year sure went fast.

      Delete