Thursday, August 29, 2013

Building a pool

 Josh and I have wrestled with the idea of putting in a pool since we built the house. We would go back and forth..... it's a lot of money for a hole, what if the kids fall in, how are we going to secure the back door, do I want to lose my backyard? We researched all sorts of pools and we were both in agreement we didn't want a vinyl liner, and we wanted a salt water pool. After searching online we ended up coming across this pool company called Insulated Pools out of California and talked back and forth with them for months. Basically the pool is insulated with styrofoam so it stays warmer than a typical pool and you can use it a month earlier in the spring and close it a month later in the fall. There is no liner.. just a waterproof coating called an EVM coating. Well we did it and bought the kit. It's so much more complicated that we thought it would be... I knew I was crazy when I bought a 'do it yourself kit' but this thing has Josh and I both scared.  So, I'm contracting out the labor and things that we just can't do and don't have time to do.




Our back yard before the pool

The last night at with a back yard

The first dig

Olivia likes heavy equipment too

A big mud hole

Eli wanted to get his tractor out to 'work'

Tile and colors.. my head hurts!

The first load of screening gravel

Styrofoam walls going up

Another load

The walls are together. Now for plaster and concrete

No comments:

Post a Comment