Thursday, August 29, 2013

Language explosion

Kids do go through cycles of language learning... they might have a quiet spell for a while as they are mastering a new skill and then boom... they hit a explosion.

I do believe this week has been an explosion for Olivia. She is using multiple two word phrases to communicate and is using more words than grunts or cries to tell me what she wants. When she woke from her nap she yelled, "Mama, out!". I went in her room and she said, "Poo poo diaper". Sure enough she had a stinky and needed a change.

She's added more names, more animals, more body parts, and new action words all in a week.




Here is a cute video of her doing a few animal sounds. Ignore the shirt of Eli's covered in mashed potatoes where she just finished eating. 


1 comment:

  1. I love her! She reminds me so much of Elle!
    (Easton still calls me Daddy - golly geez, that boy!)

    ReplyDelete