Thursday, August 8, 2013

Time for a teenager!

13.. Thirteen... ThirTEEN! That's old and wait that makes me old! I remember being 13...glasses, braces and wearing the same Anne of Green Gables tee shirt everyday. Maybe it's just a boy thing but Isaac seems way cooler than I was at 13. He is going into 8th grade which will be his last year before high school. He's not hit puberty yet but he tries to make his voice deepen when he talks to people. I'm sure it won't be long before it happens for real.

He has been asking for an air soft party for the last several years but I've not been able to 'bite the bullet' and pull one off. My main concern was someone loosing a eye! We finally gave in and Isaac and his cousins scouted out a place for the war and Isaac invited 12 little boys bringing the total of pre-teen/teenage boys to 13! Am I crazy or what.. having 13 boys in my house for an air soft party and sleep over.

The boys arrived after Isaac's football practice Thursday evening, had pizza, donned their air soft wardrobe and hit the woods. They played off and on until dark. My floors looked like the outdoors.. sticks, leaves, mud. Oh well.. our house is definitely lived in and that's why I was smart enough NOT to mop before they came over. After dark they hung out in the Media room playing Xbox and being wild. Over half of them didn't go to bed at all and the next morning there wasn't a crumb left in the kitchen. The cupcakes, cookie cake, left over pizza, chips, fruit, etc.. had been completely wiped out.

Josh had to go to work Friday morning so that left me with the two littles and 13 boys. I fixed breakfast (with Livi on my hip) biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage links, fruit, doughnuts and orange juice and thought to myself "I'm glad I don't have 13 kids." It was demolished. They played air soft some more before parents arrived after lunch time. I think they all had a good time since two of them asked if they could move in :)


Now, to clean house because we leave for the beach tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment