Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Crushed

Sunday, I was washing dishes, and  Olivia Jane decides to pull her 'ears' out and feed them to our dog Sampson. Sampson, being the 1 year old Golden Retriever chewing sensation that he is, promptly chewed them right up! I screamed.. then cried, then screamed, then cried. I contemplated not even going to church. That's about 4K just for the hearing aids, $150 for the molds (which were brand new), and then another 2K for the FM receivers on the bottom. I was completely devastated that so much money had been destroyed and that Olivia was no longer going to be able to hear me clearly. She is doing sooo well and it's because of these wonderful devices she wears. I couldn't even get mad at anyone because no one was to blame... she's a baby and Sampson's a dog. He is used to the kids feeding him treats, dog food and other things so he thought nothing of chewing it.

I called our audiologist on Monday and thankfully they are still under the manufacturer warrenty (it expires in October) and is good for 1 replacement per device. We are going to have to pay a bit out of pocket for the fee and for new molds but no where near what we would have to pay to replace everything. Praise God!

Olivia says "Ears broke," and when I ask her if she fed them to the dog she says, "I don't know!" I am definitely going to stress the importance of NEVER ever feeding the dog her ears again!


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! He got both of them too. Thank God indeed for that manufacturer's warranty and that this happened a few months before & not a few months after!

    ReplyDelete