Friday, July 18, 2014

Ocean Isle 2014

My mom, my sister and her two boys (Carter and Camden), Olivia, Eli and I took a spur of the moment beach trip this summer. Isaac had church camp (he said he would much rather go to camp than the beach) and Josh had to work so it was just us and the little kids. Josh ended up being able to stay until Tuesday and then came home to a mini-vacation an empty house.

Eli and Olivia loved the beach and both wanted to stay out all day. Olivia didn't even mind missing her nap and was perfectly content to play in the sand and water all day. Eli's favorite thing was jumping the waves in the ocean. We caught minnows in our buckets, built sand castles, played in the ocean and the pool and turned brown. Both kids tan easily and no one got burnt so that was nice! Well... let me re-phrase that.. the kids didn't get burnt but Josh did. I ran out of sunscreen as I was applying and left him with some nice body art. He hasn't let me live that one down.

The beach is my happy place!


Eli and Olivia playing in the sand

We had perfect weather except for one storm our first day.

Olivia and I checking out the boats while waiting for dinner.

Camden, Carter and Audra

Eli and Daddy

Olivia Jane - my little beach bum. 

Evening fun on the beach. Sunset is one of my most favorite times to go out on the beach. Tidal pools, sunsets, and sandy babies... life is good!

Josh's arm... aka my body art ;)

Olivia couldn't wear her hearing aids on the beach because of getting water and sand in them. She was okay with that and we always put them back in as soon as we got to the room. 

My mom, me and my sister with the kids after dinner in Calabash.

Eli writing his name in the sand. 

I of course wrote Olivia!

Holding hands. LOVE!

Nana and Olivia having so much fun.

Carter and Eli- We had to have a little ipad time

The 4 Musketeeers

My pretty girl

Beach babies

I took Olivia out to play and take pictures in her new bathing suit. Of course she wasn't very cooperative but I caught a few good shots on my iphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment