Friday, April 27, 2012

38 weeks

I went to the dr Thursday and I am still 2 cm 50% effaced! Blah.. I was hoping that I had progressed more with all these braxton hicks contractions I've been having. They will come so regular (like 4 min apart) but then taper off if I lay down to go to sleep. We talked about moving my induction date back (like to the 17th!) if my cervix hasn't progressed any more by next Friday. Then I would be 40 weeks 5 days and I really don't want to be pregnant that long. I am getting quite excited about meeting this little baby girl. I almost have everything ready. I took apart the car seats, washed them and put them back together without Josh's help this week and I have got all her clothes washed. I bought Eli a cute little backpack from PB Kids with his name on it and I decided to give the baby his diaper bag. His backpack is big enough for a couple diapers and change of clothes.  I really wanted this Ju Ju Be diaper bag I found online called the BFF but I decided I really didn't need it since I have plenty of bags. I may still break down and order it but I am trying to be sensible. Next Thursday is my last day of work and it can't come soon enough. I have 4 IEP meetings next week and I will have all my paperwork complete. The EC director still hasn't found someone to cover my leave; I sure hope she finds someone soon. That is a good thing about being a SLP... you can always find a job. I don't think I've ever even interviewed for a job... they are always like "when can you start?" Hopefully things will work out when I am ready to come back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Have your induction on the 14th and we'll do this thing together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that would be great! I don't think my dr is on call that day :( but maybe I'll just go into labor!

    ReplyDelete