Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Christmas time!

Decorating the big tree
12 feet takes a LOT of ornaments
Olivia's pink tree. Aunt Jane gave my sister and I both a set of these hand blown glass ornaments a few years ago.  Each one symbolizes something: Teapot is for hospitality, Rabbit is for peace, Fish is for Christ, Bluebirds for happiness, Pine cone for long life, Church for belief in God, House for hearth and home, Santa for giving and caring, Heart for love, Basket of flowers for beauty in the house, Rose for fond affection, and Basket of Fruit for abundance. 

Everyone helped decorate.. well except Olivia. Eli loved climbing the first three steps of the ladder to hand me ornaments. 
I ordered us new stockings this year.  These came from Pottery Barn and I was thrilled to order a pretty girl stocking for Olivia. Our mantle looks pretty full I do say. Our Elf is named Gilmore. We actually forgot his name from last year (silly Mama didn't write it in the book) so we issued him a new name this year. It was a family effort. Isaac wanted to name him Happy Gilmore but I shortened it to Gilmore. He has stayed in Eli's stocking a few days because Eli needs 'extra watching'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment