Sunday, December 9, 2012

I just wanna bite them!

When people ask how Olivia is doing with her hearing aids I usually respond.. "Oh great, she doesn't pull them out or seem to mind wearing them." Well my answer has completely changed. It's been horrible! As soon as I put them in she pulls them out and puts them in her mouth. We lost one in the Home Depot (we did find it finally!) and I even had one stop working because it had so much moisture.
After trouble shooting I figured out that the ear hook wasn't working and so we blew air to dry it out and thankfully it started working again. So this past week our hearing aid time has been diminished. I have to be holding her and completely able to supervise her wearing them... I'm afraid for one that she might pull the ear mold off the hearing aid and choke or that she will get them really wet and they will stop working. I ordered a pilot hat from Hannah Anderson and it arrived today... hopefully this will help so we can get more HA hours in.

1 comment: