Monday, May 20, 2013

Big Boy- Little Girl

I took Eli and Olivia for their well kid check-ups last week. Josh was a dear and met me at the office... filling out the Ages and Stages for one is bad enough so I called in for reinforcement.

Eli's 3 year check-

Eli weighed 38.5 lbs (90%), and was 39 1/2 inches (90%). He has stayed around the same growth curve since he was a newbie. He aced all his ages and stages. I was in shock that they only wanted a 3 year year old to use 4 to 5 word sentences and name 7 body parts. He could name 7 body parts, plus crazy body parts such as eyebrow before he turned two! Of my two concerns the dr. dismissed both. I questioned whether he was hyperactive and the Dr assured me he is 3 and a boy. I was also concerned that he still wets the bed at night even though he's been potty trained since he was 2  1/2. The Dr. said that was fine too.. he said it's because Eli is in a deep sleep. That still doesn't ease my frustration having to change bed sheets all the time!! Any suggestions for bedwetting? Isaac was potty trained day and night after the 1st week and rarely ever had night time accidents so this is new territory. I've delayed converting his toddler bed to a full bed because I don't want to wash bigger sheets or stain a new mattress. So that was it for Mr. Eli. Here's a link to Eli's 12 month post if anyone wants to see Mr. Wild Man at 12 months of age.

Olivia's 12 month check-

Olivia weighed 20 lbs (50th %) and was 28 1/2 (25th %) inches long. I must have measured her wrong for my 'birthday poster' measurement. She has stayed in the same curve for weight but has dropped off for height in the last few appointments. The Dr. thinks that the 25% is more accurate for her (she just had good nutrition in utero so that made up for the genetics). He was super impressed with her vocabulary and she did great on her Ages and Stages as well. She had to have her Hep A shot and MMR... and squalled. Josh held her for the finger prick so I had to hold her for the shots. He didn't want to be the bad guy both times.

So we survived the check-ups and I'm very thankful that both are healthy, happy kiddos!

Same highchair.. different babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment