Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there. Whether you are a working mom, stay-at-home mom, new mom or want-to-be-a mom, hat's off to you! It's a fun, tiring, so worth it job!  My three blessings give me so much joy and happiness.

12 years ago a little boy baby, full of black hair made me a mama and I wouldn't trade one second of it. I was young, but wow, how my whole life changed for the better. I had to grow up fast, and learn to how to take the back burner for someone else. He taught me how to be a mama... sometimes I made mistakes and sometimes I got it right. Now at 32, I still make mistakes but I've also learned a lot. Some battles are not worth the fight.. I remember sitting at the dining room table for 2 hours waiting on Isaac to eat a lima bean... I couldn't back down because I told him he couldn't get up until he ate it. I went by the book... the bottle went away at exactly 12 months of age and the paci 'broke' conveniently. Now, I'm much more lenient.. because I realize how fast time goes and how quickly they leave your arms. If Olivia wants her bottle past her first birthday, I'm okay with that. If she wants me to rock her before she goes to sleep, I'm okay with that. When Eli wants me to 'Hold you, Mommy', most of the time I scoop him in my arms, kiss his little cheeks and try to rock his big boy self. Those sweet moments when Isaac (who is almost as tall as I am) wraps his arm around my shoulder and one around my waist and we walk side-by-side, melt my heart. I know one day I will look back and want these days back.

Oh there are days when all I want to do is curl under my covers and take a nap or watch a show on DVR, but I know God willing, one day I will have time to do that. Right now my days are filled with running kids to practice, holding whining toddlers, feeding babies, changing diapers, cleaning up toys, working on never ending laundry- all those tasks that make me a Mom.






Mommy and Livi


My big boy


My wild one.. that' Olivia under him!


No makeup, PJs, acting silly kind of morning!


My sweet Mama.. I'm so thankful for her and all she does for us and her grandchildren. I think people learn a lot about being a mother from their own mom and I've had an excellent example. She is and has always been a wonderful mom. Love you Mama!

Isaac as a wee newborn! 







2 comments:

  1. Awe! This made me tear up! I agree, being a Mom is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go too fast. I blinked and now my daughter is 8! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete