Friday, May 3, 2013

Time goes on

This was 25 Random things I wrote January 30, 2009. 

1. My middle name is Rebecca after both my maternal and paternal grandmothers. 
2. People ask if Allison is my first name... and then look at me strange when I say "No, it is Summer." 
3. I will soon be 28.... and I have a 8 year old son :) We have to have the 'birds and bees' talk soon :-O 
4. I have 2 cats (Molly and Mia) whom I love... and I have always HATED cats.. 
5. I will soon be an Auntie.. My sis is having a baby girl in May. 
6. I love to sing but realize I cannot carry a tune; and my husband and son cringe and tell me to stop. 
7. I am working at my son's elementary school and love it.... However I want to have my own private practice one day. 
8. I would absolutely love to build a HOUSE... on my land :) 
9. I have read the Harry Potter and Twilight series twice! 
10. When I was little I would wish my hair would fall out and come back red... the color of my hero "Anne of Green Gables". 
11. I love to travel; especially overseas, but I always get nervous on take off and landing. 
12. My husband was a snowboard instructor at App and he has been teaching me how to snowboard. I am still better on skis. 
13. My feet are always cold. 
14. My favorite food is 'pintos with onions'. 
15. We just cancelled our gym membership which we haven't used in a year and bought a eliptical machine. I want to get motivated! 
16. Isaac loves to read and it makes me smile. 
17. My husband and I won the Newlywed game on our honeymoon cruise! We won a bottle of champagne and a picture frame. 
18. My mother-in-law and my grandmother are the same age and my mother and sister-in-law are the same age. CRAZY! 
19. I would love to hike the Grand Canyon again and camp at the bottom. 
20. I am a really bad driver.. I do not know how many tickets I have had. I rear-ended a cop in Marion once. 
21. I am a really bad speller. 
22. I am a bubble bath, candle and good book person. That is my idea of relaxation. 
23. It takes a lot to make me mad. 
24. I want to move away... but then I realize we live in a beautiful place and I would miss my family and friends. 
25. I love Josh and Isaac Allison!



It's only been 4 years but so much has changed. 

#1 My sweet paternal grandmother, Becky, died in October of that year. I still miss her greatly.
# 3. I am now 32 and I have a 12 year old son, 3 year old son, and almost 1 year old daughter
# 4. No cats :( both Molly and Mia disappeared after we moved. I think the coyotes got them. We do have a playful little Golden Retriever pup named Sampson.
# 5. Well I am an Auntie.. to TWO beautiful nephews. My sister did not have a girl.. the girl turned out to be Carter.
#6.  I still can not sing
#7. I'm not working at the elementary school and really I'm not even sure I would want to open my own private practice. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do.
#8. We did this! We built our house on our LAND!
#9. I've probably read the Harry Potter series more than twice by now. Maybe 3 times. 
#12. Still true. Though I haven't been skiing or snowboarding in about 3 years so I probably couldn't do either.
# 13. True. I put them on Josh at night to warm them up and he hates it :)
#15. I didn't get motivated. The elliptical machine became a clothes rack. 
#16. Isaac still loves to read and it still makes me smile. 
#19. I've now hiked in the Grand Canyon twice but still not down to camp. We hiked down about a mile into the Grand Canyon when Eli was one. We backpacked him so of course we couldn't go all the way down. I would still like to do this one day.
#20. I'm still a bad driver. My bumper is actually torn up right now because I backed into my sister-in-law about a week ago. EEEEkkk!
#22. I still love to do this but don't get to very often.
#24. I'm happy where we are!
#25. I love Josh, Isaac, Eli and Olivia Allison!


2 comments: