Sunday, June 2, 2013

Our field trip

Josh and I had a quick weekend away to Wilmington.. without the kids.

We had no agenda and it was awesome. We slept in, ate good food, went to the beach, had a pedicure, read books (well I did), watched 4 movies, shopped and just enjoyed being together.

Through the week it seems we hardly get to spend time with each other because life gets so hectic. Most evenings Josh isn't home until 7 and that's if it's a day where Isaac doesn't have a baseball game. By the time we eat, baths are done and kids are in bed, it's time for me to go to bed.

So a recharge was much needed. I love taking care of my little people 24-7 but it was so nice to take a few days to ourself. It's so easy to feel Mommy-guilt about leaving the brood but I think it's important to take care of yourself and keep your marriage strong. A healthy marriage is much more important than the fear of letting go of the strings for a couple days.

Nana and Papa kept the kids for us. I was a bit anxious leaving the baby but I knew they were all three in good hands. Eli was so excited to stay with Nana and Papa; he kept asking when we were leaving. He said, "Mommy and Daddy are on a field trip"! I'm very thankful to have family we trust to care for our kids. Thanks Nana and Papa!



P.S. For those wondering... No babies were conceived this weekend! The last time we went to Wilmington, Olivia arrived 9 months later ;)





1 comment:

  1. I love you guys! Good for you... well deserved vacation indeed!

    ReplyDelete