Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Chair


Dear Olivia,

Most days you want to lay in your crib to go to sleep but a few precious times a week you are so sleepy and cuddly that I just hold you and we rock in your white chair. Tonight was one of those nights. As we rock, I smell your hair and stare out your bedroom window. Your soft brown hair tickles my nose and smells of lavender. Your breathing becomes regular and deepens. Your warm body cuddles against my chest and your sweet small hands touch my face. I kiss your head, my heart melts and my eyes tear up. How blessed am I to be your mama. People say "I love you so much it hurts". Well it's true dear daughter. I honestly feel my heart hurt at times like this when I am so overcome with love. God entrusted such a helpless innocent life to my care and I'm eternally grateful.  I've watched the tree outside your bedroom change through the seasons as I've rocked you and wished time could stand still. I know it won't because I look at how big your brothers are. Don't get me wrong.. I am excited for the future...to see what you will be like at age 3 and 12 but right now I want to forever remember how this moment feels.

Love,
Mama






3 comments: