Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The house is coming right along :)

I am still not sure what siding color to pick so if you have any suggestions let me know. I had an interior designer come out and she suggested green.. she thought I needed a contrast color. My rock is 'chocolate grey' and the windows and window trim are a dark expresso color, we also have dark grey mortar in the irregular rock around the base of the house. I had originally picked a tan brown color to pull out some of the brown in the rock but now it just doesn't look right.. the decorator thought it was too 'fleshy'.  So I don't know but I need to make a decision soon! On the inside we have almost all the plumbing, electric work, and HVAC complete.. I think we are a few weeks away from sheet rock. I am trying to get a central vac system installed before they sheet rock.. does anyone have any experience with one of these? I will try to post a picture of the back of the house later. The back porch is up!

Part of the front of the house on 10/29

Front of the house- the nursery room

Dining room bay window and building the front entrance way

The left side of the house.. with first coat of primer. Not sure about siding color

Finished rock 10/31/11!

2 comments:

  1. well, I for one love green...painted our cedar siding green :) The house looks great so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if you've decided yet, but we have a central vac system & I love it! It's very handy and has better suction that a typical vacuum. With all the different attachments, I don't have use a broom anymore. I just use the sweeper attachment on the hardwood and tile floors & the regular vac attachment on the carpet.

    ReplyDelete