Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's day to Josh... a wonderful husband and father to my children! I am thankful that they have a Daddy that loves, provides, and takes time for each of them.  This is his first Father's day with our new daughter. There is something special about a daddy and his daughter and I am excited Josh gets that experience. I've heard it said, "every mother needs a son, and every daddy a daughter."


Today is always bittersweet because I can't share today with my Daddy. This is my second Father's Day without him. I was awake last night thinking about him and all he taught me so I thought I would start a list.

1. He taught me to care for my family. He took care of my grandmother for years and was so loyal and faithful to her.
2. Laughter- he could make a joke all the time. I still laugh at non appropriate times- I blame it on him :)
3. He tried to teach me to be a good driver- He was an excellent driver but I think I took after my Aunt!
4. He taught me how to hold a golf club- even though I don't golf I know how to hold the club properly.
5. He taught me to to give 'nicknames'. He had a nickname for everyone. I was Sumarie, Mo-randy, and may more.
6. He taught me to be there for my children. He was always there for me!
7. He taught me generosity. He was generous to his church, family, friends and strangers. People still come up to me and talk about how much my dad helped them and what a wonderful man he was.
8. He taught me to 'tighten up my belt'..  I spent way to much on our wedding, and we got raked through the coals when we bought a car for the first time as a married couple. He could have bailed me out but he wanted me to learn to make it on my own and I appreciate that so much!
9. He gave me a love of traveling. He took my sister and I so many wonderful places... road trips up North and out West, Canada, Prince Edward Island, Bermuda, Bahamas, Alaska, and Hawaii.
10. He taught me to love... he loved us and his grandest-babies so much!

I miss you Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment