Friday, November 23, 2012

Hearing conference

A few weeks ago I attended NC AG Bell's Hear 'n' Now conference at the Caraway Conference Center near Asheboro. I needed 4 more CEU's before December 31st for my ASHA (Speech Pathologist Certification) licensure so I was thrilled to be able to go to a conference where I could earn CEU's and get great information to help me with Olivia as well. I met lots of wonderful people: Educators, professionals, parents, and even two SLP's that have children with hearing loss. 

Aunt Jane came with me to keep Olivia. I brought Livi along because I knew Josh would have his hands full with the boys and plus she is nursing. Aunt Jane did a great job minus the fact she is not used to being around babies (she said the last diaper she had changed was mine and Audra's 30 something years ago!) She did text me once with "COME!" and so I raced lighting speed up the stairs to our room thinking something was wrong. Everything was fine. Aunt Jane really enjoyed spending time with Olivia Jane and meeting people at the conference. I think she learned quite a bit too.

I've been to lots of conferences over the 7 years I've been a SLP but when you have a personal interest, especially related to your child, it makes what you are learning about hit the mark even more. 

Notice the words, Parent and SLP
No TV's.. so Aunt Jane put in several hours on the Kindle
I love this one with Olivia's little rosy cheeks smiling up at Aunt Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment