Saturday, November 17, 2012

Livi is 6 months

6 months old
Weight: 16 lbs 11 oz (50%)
Height: 26 1/4 inches (50-75%)
Head: 50% 

Olivia's half birthday fell during the NC AG Bell Hearing Conference, so I had to wait until we got home to snap her 'sticker' picture. Here are her new and improved updates: She has tried all the baby food fruits and vegetables and likes everything except green beans; her favorite is bananas. The little tyke actually gagged and threw up when she tried green beans. I can't say I blame her; baby food green beans leave much to be desired. Maybe I will try some homemade ones. I had all these good intentions on making all her baby food... yea that's not happened. We just recently tried puffs (broke in half) and she did great. She just started chewing and never gagged. My boys always gagged at first and didn't have the chewing concept down so fast. 

Motor wise Olivia is sitting longer by herself. She must be part alligator because the girl can roll all over the floor. I will put her on her blanket and she will be across the floor when I go back over there. She likes to be on her belly and loves to lay on her blanket and chew her toys. Everything goes in the mouth. Sophie the giraffe is one of her favorite chew toys; it really is the world's best teething toy. 

Sleep. Well, Olivia is co-sleeping with her mama. She likes the Tempur-pedic and she likes her milkies (I know she doesn't need to eat 3x's a night but hey it puts her right back to sleep).  Poor Daddy got booted out to the guest room. Actually he willingly went because he said he needed to sleep so he could go to work. We won't get into this discussion because I surely can't grab a nap whenever I want since Mr. Eli would burn the house down if he was left unmanned. Honestly, I don't mind.. it gives Livi and I more room. I am completely spoiling her and I know I will have to undo the months of spoiling sometime soon but I just can't make myself do it. I said previously in my blog that I would put her in her room around four months... and nope.. didn't happen! I am probably holding her too much, carrying her around too much and kissing her too much but I'm okay with that-- for now!



What are you doing Mom?
Now I will smile!
I'm a happy girl
I wanna chew this rabbit



Here is Eli's 6 month post to compare 

2 comments:

  1. I made pureed green beans this weekend. I used organic frozen ones. The twins love them and to be honest I think they would taste great with salt! I think I got them at Super Walmart but maybe Ingles.
    Olivia reminds me so much of Elle... I just love to see her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHhh that's a good idea Carly.. I will go look for some on my next shopping trip. Do you freeze any of the food you make?

    ReplyDelete