Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Midweek confessions

I've been slack with my confessions lately but here ya go!

1. I definitely did not chase down a hay ride for Eli's field trip (you can read about that in my previous post)

2. I held our chicken brooder light (I replaced the red warming bulb with a flood light) for Josh as he plastered our pool at 9:30 at night.

3. Fed the kids left over frozen spaghetti and myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich last night because I didn't feel like cooking. I have no clue what Josh ate.

4.  Told Josh that I didn't wash Olivia's hands as she was eating...just for fun- she had been playing in the dog and chicken water outside.. he about freeeeeaked out! So mean ;)

5. Put Olivia in the car without clothes on (just a diapie) to run and pick up Isaac from football practice.

6. Sent a facebook message to the mom of the girl Isaac likes! Shhh.. he doesn't know.

7. I'm on a no buying miscellaneous expenditures budget.... but broke down and ordered Olivia these darling cowboy boots online!

Well that's about all I can think of right now. Happy Wednesday everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am visiting from Kelly's Korner. My son Andrew is 6 years old and we had a very similar experience! He also failed his newborn hearing tests and was fitted for aids at 5 months. I just wanted to encourage you- he is in first grade now and the children he has been in day care and school with the past several years have NEVER teased him or made a big deal out of his hearing aids. :) They understand that they "help him hear better" (that's what we have practiced for him to say if he's ever questioned by kids, which he is sometimes)... and they are just a part of him. He also was born with a congenital heart defect, so the hearing loss wasn't as big of a deal (although I was understandably upset). He is just a spunky, fun, happy and enthusiastic child and his hearing loss never slows him down! The only tough parts are the swimming pool, bath time and swimming lessons (get a private instructor!) ;) Your baby girl is adorable! She will do just great in the future!

    Jen Huegel
    http://www.thehuegelfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete