Monday, September 16, 2013

Olivia's NEW Language scores


Ms. Hannah, Olivia's Auditory Verbal Therapist/SLP came out last week to do a home visit and her bi-yearly testing.. and guess what... SHE ROCKED IT! I knew she was going to score high during the testing but I had no idea how high. For my non-SLP friends, this is a standardized test that is normed for children age birth through 7 that do NOT have hearing impairment. So the fact that she did Ahhhmazing is especially cool.  For my SLP friends.. I threw in her chart with scores :) Also this was based on her chronological age (16 months) not her hearing age which is (13 months). Hannah wants us to decrease our sessions from weekly to every other week because Olivia is doing so well. 


Standard Score*
Percentile Rank
Severity Rating
Auditory Comprehension
128
97
Above Average
Expression
Communication
129
97
Above Average
Total Language Score
130
98
Above Average



We will continue wearing our awesome pink hearing aids and inputting language because it's working and Livi is thriving. A year ago I was worried because I didn't know what to expect and today I'm so thankful for our blessings! Click here to see how I was feeling a year ago when Olivia first got her hearing aids.


Olivia Jane

2 comments:

  1. Summer, please work with this poor child so she can catch up...I mean really. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Elizabeth! It's not me... she is just amazing! She loves to talk ;)

      Delete