Friday, September 6, 2013

Randomness

I bought these Stella and Dot earrings at my friend Kellie's party the other night. They came this week and I love them! The stones have so much variation and are beautiful.



I've read several articles on Teens and Technology lately so I thought I would share my two cents... especially since I have a THIRTEEN year old!  I love these two articles. This one is is written by a mom to teenage girls about her sons, Given Breath and the other one is from a blog Desperately Seeking Sanity.

We do pay attention to Isaac's technology usage and that's going to continue as he gets older. Thankfully he's not too interested in social media so it makes it easy. He has been begging for a smart phone but I'm pretty adamantly against it (at least at this point). Right now he has a cut to the basic type phone that he can call and text from when needed. It doesn't allow picture messages and he can't get on the internet. Basically he can text his friends and call me when it's time to pick him up from football practice. I honestly think that there is no reason he needs a smart phone and have access to picture messages (potential sexting) or other types of risky behavior such as the many videos of scantily clad girls on you tube or the internet. Not that I think he would do any of these behaviors but boys will be boys and it's my job to protect his innocence and help keep him pure at heart as much as I can. He also knows I have access to his phone at any time and can read messages randomly. 

We don't allow television or the computer in his room. This is a safeguard against watching inappropriate shows (we do have a passcode on anything other than PG 13) or surfing on inappropriate sites. Our TV's and Computers are in our living room or media room where they are monitored. 

Even though he's not into Facebook-  I still have his password and monitor to see what kids are posting. It is mind blowing some of the things these kids post. I mean really the 'rate me' scale is asking for trouble and so is the 'be honest' type post. Thankfully, Isaac doesn't do that.. he really is pretty mature for his age and sees the silliness of that type of behavior. 

Here is a snapshot from our week!


I told Eli I needed Daddy to unhitch the trailer. He then preceded to give me step by step instructions on how to do it. I guess he's paid attention... me not so much!

Eli said, "I need to get the sugar holes off my tongue too". Crazy kid!

The Princess reading books. I thought she looked adorbs in her pink chevron! That bow looks strange in that pic but it's just the way the picture was taken. I've recently bought bows from onestopbowshop.com and I love them!

Eli and Mawmaw (Josh's mom)

He loves these chickens. He carries them like they are puppies. Me.. not so much. I still won't touch them. 

Eli and the chickens. Our dog, Sampson, had Georgie by the neck and I thought she was dead. Thank goodness she seems to be okay! Ohh. I have 31 eggs in my refrigerator.. I need some pound cake or quiche recipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment