Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weekday getaway

A full nights sleep, massage, facial, delicious dinner and beautiful scenery! Did I mention this took place with out the kids? Josh and I took a quick spur of the moment trip to the Highlands on Monday and Tuesday before he started work on Thursday. We previously visited Old Edwards Inn two anniversaries ago and we've been wanting to go back ever since! I packed for all three kids (usually Isaac does his own but he was at school) and we dropped the littles at my Mom's house on Monday afternoon. Eli is always ready to go anywhere.. anytime. He barely told me bye. Olivia was clingy but she was fine as soon as I walked out the door.

Tuesday we slept in, had a gourmet breakfast and then shopped around town before our spa appointments. We both had a massage and I had a facial afterwards. As we were eating dinner Tuesday night at Madison's (which is the most amazing resteraunt) I told Josh, "Wow, it is sure nice to eat alone but one day we are going to miss the chaos." To which he replied,"Yes, but we aren't going to miss it right now."

The trip was a great ending to Josh's 'vacation'. Back to reality.. Josh goes back to work,  I get to see 3 sweet little faces... and my bed...which really is nice!



Dinner at PF Changs before our trip. Doesn't this guy look like Seth Rogen? I 'discretly' snapped this :)

Welcome! The service here is always spectacular. 

We tried out the heated pool and spa on Monday night and we were the only people crazy enough to be out there.

The showers at the spa.. that would be 13 sources of water hitting you at once. Pretty amazing.

Relaxing

Our starter- lobster claw and pork belly with risotto and greens. It was delicious

We finished the meal with a chocolate peanut butter souffle and coffee

A lovely get-away!


My 3 sweeties


We found her this pink frilly bathing suit while we were away and she loved it. It was a fight to get it off her.

Eli likes to cut paper. He's really good with scissors.. hopefully he doesn't get ahold of Sissy's hair.

Isaac and Dad built a rocket for his school project when we got back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment