Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Anniversary weekend

Josh and I celebrated our anniversary by heading to the Old Edwards Inn and Spa for a short weekend away.  I didn't want to be too far from Olivia since this is the first time she has been away from me overnight. The Inn was historic, lovely and the service was remarkable. When we arrived the front desk welcomed us by name and handed us a glass of champagne. After a tour of the Inn we found our room decked with rose petals, strawberries, fresh cookies, personalized envelopes, and even slippers for our feet! The first night we had dinner at the Madison and I cannot rave enough about the food. I was able to cut my filet with a butter knife! We were so incredibly full after dinner our waiter brought up our dessert to our room.

Saturday we slept in (sleep-that wonderful thing I haven't had in over 5 months) and then shopped around downtown until time for our spa appointment. That evening we drove to Franklin to watch Taken 2 and then came back and hit the outdoor hot tub and pool. We were the only ones crazy enough to go swimming at 10:30 at night but that was okay. The pool was 85 degrees which was still a bit cold for me (it was 45 degrees outside) so I spent the most time in the hot tub.

It was such a relaxing, wonderful weekend and we both enjoyed spending quality time together. The boys were fine (other than Eli getting sick the last night) and Livi did great with Nana. She did boycott the bottle for 6 hours after I dropped her off; however about 10 pm she gave in and ate like a champ the rest of the time. Of course I brought my pump and a cooler and stockpiled some milk.
Front of building from Main Street
Service- Robes and slippers in our room :)
This was given to us as we left the hotel- water and fruit for our travel!
Champagne, strawberries, fresh homemade cookies, personalized letters... the works!
Side entrance.. I love the hanging baskets 
Josh and I - this was a self shot snapped off our porch
The roof top terrance above, and spa building to the left
Rose petals on our bed





There were so many beautiful waterfalls on the way to Highlands. The weather was gorgeous; sunny with a crisp cool breeze and the trees were in peak color. Josh and I stopped at Bridal veil falls and Dry falls on Sunday where the pictures below were taken. 
This was at Dry falls where you could actually walk behind the falls
Pretty rainbow reflecting off the water
Dry falls
View from the drive
Dry falls
Very curvy road
Love you hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment