Saturday, February 4, 2012

Baby furniture ordeal!

I was eating dinner on Monday night when Josh said.. "Oh I meant to tell you, Jennifer called and USA Baby has gone bankrupt." I immediately stopped eating and got my phone to call Jennifer and he was like.. Don't stress out, eat your dinner." Men! How is he not worried and calm and collected while I am about to spaz out! I tried to look up their page online and all that showed up was a little blurb that said the store was closed and was in bankruptcy and the number for their lawyer. We had bought a crib, armoire, dresser, and nightstand totally over 2400.00 and I had already paid the entire amount! As I read more I was getting more upset. We would have no furniture for this baby and loose all the money! Tuesday morning as soon 8:30 chimed I started calling other USA Baby stores and all I found out was that they are individually owned and not connected to each other. I called the actual manufacturer of the furniture I ordered to see if the order had been placed and paid for but no luck; however, they were able to give me the name of another store that was going to work with customers and that carried this brand of furniture. So, I went ahead and filed a dispute with my credit card and in the meantime called the new store in Greenville, SC to order more furniture. The store, Baby Furniture in Greenville was very helpful and even offered to match my price when I bring in the reciept. They ordered the exact pieces I wanted and this time I only put down 10%!! Today I received wonderful news... my credit card had been refunded for the entire amount I lost and the Baby Furniture store in Greenville called and all my furniture is in except for the dresser which will be there the end of February! God is good!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you got the furniture ordeal worked out! the store in g'ville is very helpful. are they delivering it to you? or do you have to pick it up? if you come to g'ville, let me know. i live about 2mins from that baby store and i could come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betsy! We have to go pick up the furniture.. I will let you know when we come down.. I think they said it would be in the end of Feb but I will let you know. I would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely let me know! i'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete