Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Marriage

Why does it seem like we focus on the negative instead of the positive? I know I always recount all the aggravating things my husband does instead of focusing on the good. Is it just human nature? Instead of telling Josh how much I appreciate the things he does do I have to harp on the things he doesn't do. I am going to try to tell him something I appreciate about him and praise him for at least one thing for a week. One of my best friends, Amber told me about a book her and her husband are reading called "Real Marriage" and so I ordered it and it arrived today. We've also signed up to go to a marriage retreat in VA over my birthday weekend in April... hopefully my dr will okay us to travel that far. We've really stuck together and not argued very much at all during our house building adventure which I am very thankful for. Of course we have had a few mishaps... we got into it at Lowes the other night about our backsplash for the kitchen but for 95% of building we have agreed. We have a lot of the same taste so that has definitely helped. So tonight I am going to tell him that I am thankful he brought home pizza from "My Fathers Pizza" because I have no energy to do anything else. I am also going to tell him that I thought it was super sweet of him to leave during dinner last night at my mom and step-dad's house to go get my mom some medicine for her hand when she burned it on a hot pan. I think we have hit lots of major life changes over the past year (death of a parent, sickness in the family, building a house) and this move and our baby's birth will be two more. I love you hun, if you ever read this... I do appreciate all that you do for me and for our family!

2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet Sister Sue, what kind of marriage retreat? How long? You better not endanger Olivia Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know I have to ask my dr to make sure it's okay to travel.. I'll be almost 37 weeks! eeeek

    ReplyDelete