Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby girl Allison's 3D pics and appointment


So we had an appointment today at 26 weeks 4 days and got a tiny peek at the baby. She is still a she!! I would have been dissapointed if she had turned into a boy now that I am buying all this girl stuff! I needed an extra look so we did the optional pay out of pocket 3D ultrasound and this is why....my sister had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and they told her that she was having a girl. We had showers, bought girl stuff and she hand painted the nursery with flowers... well when she had a 3D ultrasound later probably around 27 weeks... little Avery turned into my sweet nephew Carter! So as you can see I needed that extra look! The ultrasound went okay..her feet and cord were near her face so it was hard to get a good look. Her nose looked squished too but I guess that's typical on the ultrasounds. Her little heartbeat was 164 and it was neat to be able to see her open and close her mouth. I had my gestational diabetes test right afterward so hopefully that will turn out okay. I have gained 20 lbs!! ahhhh. We ate Japanese food the night before and my ankles were swollen so hopefully some of that was water retention. I probably need to cut back on the sodium. Blood pressure was normal and I measured 27 weeks. I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions but I did with Eli also so my doctor says it's okay.  One more 4 week appointment and then we start every 2 weeks.  

2 comments:

  1. she is so precious!! I canNOT believe that happened to your sister! Oh.my.gosh...thank goodness she had that 2nd ultrasound!!! I'm sure a lot of it was water...I've seen mine shoot up 4 pounds in one day when I've eaten really salty food...I'm probably holding 6 pounds of water just this week with all the salty food I've had! (at least I hope it's water, haha). I'm having braxton hicks now...at 15 weeks...it's freaking me out...but I had a lot with Ava too. These 3rd pregnancies FLY don't they? I'm already ready to slow down and I'm 3 months behind you! :) So glad you got your $ back for your furniture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I am getting excited. Our new furniture will be here the end of Feb and I can't wait to get her little room set up. When will you find out what the baby is? Does Jacob want a brother? My BH started about 14-15 weeks this time around too!

    ReplyDelete