Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Eli

Newborn Eli



Newborn Eli
                                   


1 year old
2 years old


2 years old

March 20th 2010 my biggest baby, at 8 lbs 7 oz entered this world. You can read about his birth here. We named him Eli instead of Seth because he was such a big boy with massive hands and feet. He has turned from my chunky cuddly baby to a wild happy 3 year old.

Eli is super sweet and loves to give compliments. He tells Olivia how much he loves her several times a day and absolutely adores his Papa. Eli's favorite things involve motors... four-wheelers, tractors, and lawnmowers. He wants to play outside all day and enjoys riding his cars and tricycle. Wrestling in the floor with Isaac or 'swording' (nerf swords) with Daddy and Isaac ranks up there as well. To be such a wild and outgoing fella he has a gentle heart and melts mine all the time. When he puts his hand in mine or says " I wuv you Mommy" I can't help but smile.

Some of his favorite foods are blueberries, strawberries, bologna, and edemame. He used to eat anything you put in front of him but he's getting a bit more picky as he gets older. His favorite books are "Little Blue Truck", "Good night Moon", "Harold and the Purple Crayon",  and "Two Little Trains". He can completely recite "Little Blue Truck" and it's super cute. I need to try to video it. His absolute favorite thing to watch on TV is Mickey Mouse, though, sometimes he wants to watch a movie and that is usually Walle or Nemo. He likes to play the ipad, our phones, type on the computer and navigates them all with ease. Luckily for my sake he still takes a good afternoon nap.. usually around 2ish for a couple hours. He can dress himself when he wants to, however, frequently fusses and wants me to help him. He brushes his own teeth (I do a follow up though), and uses the potty independently. We recently started soccer and he is very excited about it. Eli has known his colors, shapes and letters for a while. He can count objects without assistance to 11 and can rote count to 20 independently. He can keep going with a little prompting. He can also write his first name with me giving verbal directions. He has done great at pre-school and hasn't been in trouble... yet! I'm a bit surprised because he's very full steam ahead at home. Eli needs to work on listening to Mommy and Daddy. He is doing better but he gets in trouble frequently for this one. The other day he said, "I have to obey Mommy." I said, "Yes you do."

Eli,  you crack me up and bring a smile to my face every single day! The cute little things you say and your sweet little personality make me happy and I'm proud to be your Mom. You are so full of energy and keep me on my toes. I never have to worry about being bored when you are around. Mommy, Daddy, Isaac and Olivia love you so very much!


Eli's interview on his 3rd birthday:



1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? My tractor
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Mickey Mouse
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? bologna
6. What is your favorite outfit? My tractor shirt
7. What is your favorite game? Mickey mouse on the iPad
8. What is your favorite snack? bananas
9. What is your favorite animal? Chicken
10. What is your favorite song? Old McDonald had a Farm
11. What is your favorite book? Little Blue Truck
12. Who is your best friend? You (talking about his mama!)
13. What is your favorite cereal? My cereal (which is Honey Nut Cherrios)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my blue truck and tractor
15. What is your favorite drink? Coke (which he NEVER ever gets so I don't know where that answer came from!)
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My toys and blue blanket
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Milk
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Poles (Napoles- the Mexican restaurant)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? He wouldn't answer this one.. I think he was finished with my 20 questions :)









No comments:

Post a Comment