Thursday, March 21, 2013

Yup I'm crazy!

I don't like birds but for some earthly reason I've bought 3 baby chicks. Eli is in love with all 3, especially the white one. I'm going to brood them in the garage and then Josh is going to build us a hen house so we will have nice fresh eggs when they get older. Luckily my sis is a chick pro so maybe she will give me pointers. She wants me to name them after the Downton Abby girls: Lady Mary, Edith, and Sybil. Josh isn't all for that since Edith is his grandma's name. I mean who wouldn't like a chick named after them.

I'm not sure how I'm going to be a chicken farmer when I can't get up the nerve to hold them. I mean my newly turned 3 year old can pick them up like a champ and isn't at all scared, but his mama jumps and squeals when they flap their wings. Their feet freak me out too... Eeek! I guess we will see how this goes!







No comments:

Post a Comment