Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lil' Miss is 10 months

Olivia Jane is 10 months old. What can Olivia do now?

She is crawling, cruising on furniture and can squat to pick up toys and pop back up again. She will walk steps if you hold her hands. She loves paper and can destroy it very quickly. Everything goes in her mouth. As hard as I work to keep our floors clean she still finds things.. the most common is our rug fuzz. I did pull a bug out of her mouth the other day... Josh didn't think it was but I definitely saw a torso and wings.

She loves to eat table food. She eats spaghetti, chicken, bread, pancakes, green beans.. really anything that I can tear into small pieces. She will eat fruit baby food and the little squeezie pouches as well. She's perfected her pincher grasp but if it's something especially yummy, like Tupulo Honey's biscuits, the girl will double fist. She nurses about 4 x day and usually has 1 bottle of formula. I haven't even felt guilty at all about the bottle of formula. Two scoops, 4 oz of water and ta-da. The ole pump hasn't been used since the newborn days. No stockpile of milk here.

Sleep? YES! My lovely daughter is sleeping around 12 hours at night without waking up. I have no idea what switch flipped.. maybe the good Lord knew I was going to hit my breaking point. She's been in her room for several weeks and has been sleeping great. We didn't do any sleep training.. no cry it out... anything. I. have. no. clue. All I know is that I am thankful because I seriously dreaded going to bed.

Olivia is still wearing her 'hearing computers' during the day. She still wants to pull them out and I put them in LOTS. I can do it blindfolded with one hand. I've tried toupee tape (the store looked at me funny when I bought this), Halo hearing headband, and pilot cap and there is not really a great solution. The toupee tape may work on bald men but it's no match for Olivia. She can still pull those hearing aids right off. The halo headband scratches her neck with the velcro (she was squalling in the car and I didn't realize what was wrong until we stopped and I saw her neck was red)... talk about horrible parent guilt. The pilot cap works okay.. it just makes her head hot. I'm hoping she will just decide to stop messing with them.

We love you sweet girl!

Olivia Jane wearing her Matilda Jane dress


She can crawl up stairs!


Sticker pictures are very hard to do now


Staring out the window


She loves books!



No comments:

Post a Comment