Friday, April 12, 2013

Olivia is 11 months!

Okay so you've seen my posts where I have interchanged "Livi" and "Livie" and it's because I'm trying to figure out how I like it spelled better. Suggestions??

So Olivia is 11 months... I'm guessing she is about 20 lbs right now. I don't know for sure because she hasn't been weighed lately. She wears size 12 month clothes, size 3 diapers and size 3 shoes. My friend Amber, who is a mommy of two girls, told me that when her girls outgrew their dresses she would use them as a shirt. Today Olivia wore one of her 3 month size dresses from last summer as a shirt with a pair of leggings! I'm going to try and see if we can re-cycle any other cute outfits from last summer as well.

Our sweet girl is not yet walking... really she is showing no interest in walking. She will crawl, pull up and cruise around on the furniture. Occasionally she will walk if you hold her hands but usually she just  collapses in a pile on the floor. I suppose she will walk when she is ready.. I'm really in no hurry.

She is eating mostly table food, and some baby food. She still likes the squeezie packages that you squirt in your mouth...they are so handy for going out to dinner as well. She is nursing in the morning and before bed.. I am supplementing with a bottle or two of formula.  She isn't getting much breast-milk  because my nursing days are about over. That last stomach bug sucked every bit of milk out for two days and though my milk returned, my supply has been pretty low. I really wanted to keep nursing until she was 18 months, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Most of the time Olivia sleeps great. I usually rock her for a few minutes and then lay her down with her pink silky blanket and paci and she goes right to sleep in her crib. She goes down around 8pm and sleeps until 7:30 am. She takes a morning nap and and afternoon nap as well. This mama is such a happier person with sleep!

Super cute things Olivia can do: When you say "How big is Olivia?" she will raise her arms and approximate "so big". When you tell her to blow kisses she will say "mmm wahh" and blow you a kiss.  She knows where her bows go and will try to put them in her hair. She loves to pull her hearing aids out and will hand them to me. One day she tried to stuff one back towards her ear.. I really think she was trying to put it back in. She is doing great with her speech and language and is making all sorts of sounds, babbling and saying WORDS!! Here is a list of the words she can say.. I'm so proud of her!

She says:
dada
mama
bye bye
papa
hey
dog
woof woof
bite bite
hello
thank you
diaper
ball











No comments:

Post a Comment