Sunday, April 7, 2013

Saturday

I love to go, go, go... but sometimes it's hard to beat a warm, sunny Saturday at home. Isaac pulled an all-nighter at a youth lock-in so he slept in until 330 pm this afternoon. The littles, Josh and I played/worked outside. I cleaned the chicken cage, cleaned Sampson's cage, and mopped the garage with Clorox. We let Brenda, Edith, and Georgie ( our chicks) out to do a little free roaming and bug eating. Sampson tried to nip at them but after he got in trouble twice he decided to follow them around and lick them. We also planted some heirloom seeds in a starter greenhouse. Josh is going to till us a garden spot when the ground dries out. I'm going to learn how to garden, and hopefully we will have some yummy organic fruits and vegetables this summer. I just keep adding work to my plate but that's okay!

Oh we bought a juicer and I love it! We got this one. Tonight we juiced fresh papaya, kiwi, and melon. It was a bit thick but good. I've been reading a book on juicing and it's really interesting. I bought some kale and carrots to try to add some veggies into our juice as well. I'm hoping that I squeeze in a few different veggies into our juice that I can't get my 3 year old to typically eat.

This is ... Georgie. 


Eli and look who else is going for a ride in the back of the blue truck!


The 3 little chicks. Edith is a Rhode Island Red, Brenda is a Wyandotte, and Georgie is the Black Australorp.


Josh and Eli planting our seeds


The juicer

No comments:

Post a Comment