Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spontaneity!

I am not a very scheduled person. A lot of time I fly by the seat of my pants and wait until the last minute to get things done. When Eli was one we decided 2 days before to fly out West and take a road trip to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and other such stops. It was one my favorite trips. In college, my mom, 3 year old Isaac, my grandmother and I  sporadically took a cruise to the bahamas. I love unplanned trips like this.

We decided at 7pm Tuesday night to drive to Asheboro, get a hotel, and go to the zoo on Wednesday morning. Josh's brother and his family decided to go too! We were eating dinner at 7:30 pm when we made the call to do it,  drove 30 minutes home, packed up and left the house before 9pm. The kiddos slept in the car and we arrived in Asheboro at 12am. We didn't think it would be a problem to find  a hotel but I started getting concerned after we called 4 different hotels and there was no vaccancy. Luckly we found a Marriott and booked the last two rooms available.

Wednesday, we ate at I-hop and made a day of the zoo. It was perfect weather.. sunny and around 60 degrees. It was a bit crowded but not too bad. Olivia took a hour or so snooze in her stroller and Eli ran around like a monkey. Isaac, Bryce, and Braedon had fun being together and Josh loved taunting the male chimp. We got home around 9:30 Wednesday night and crashed. It was a fun family day!











3 comments:

  1. I love spontaneity too... and I have become rigid. Well, I am dictated by schedules, timelines, and time in general. But things are getting "fun" again. Spring is in the air... and I am going to get some chickens. Seriously, several chickens. I am going to be a farmer! Haha, but I am totally serious about the chickens. It is Terrence approved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Go get them from Belle Farms off exit 96.. that's where we got ours. Ours are named Brenda, Edith, and Georgia after Josh's mom, grandma and aunt. It's a family joke :) I got a black astraope, rhode island red, and a white wyandotte. Ours are still in the garage under the light but they are growing fast. Josh made a hanger for their water so I don't have to change it 4 x day now... but they do make a mess. Eli loves them. He just grabs them up and flips them on their backs.. he tried to kiss them the other day! I about freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAH! I'm not crazy! I have chicken support! Haha

      Delete