Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Complaints with Thanks

I am posting this from Elizabeth's blog...  you get to complain but have to follow the complaint with thanks.


I am aggravated this morning that I have spent the morning cleaning so our builder could bring someone to look at our house and now he isn't coming... as well as having to do it by myself since we got home late last night.  I am so very thankful for our wonderful home and the ability to clean my own home.  I am thankful that I have the energy, stamina, and health to vacuum, mop, dust,  wash dishes and wash clothes. I am thankful for those dirty dishes and those mounds of clothes because that means I have a family that gets them dirty. I am thankful for my big burly husband that dirties up lots of clothes working in the yard, my big stinky 11 year old, my mud-dobber 2 year old, and all the spit up and poop from my almost 3 week old.  


I am so tired this morning. We didn't go to bed until late, then Eli woke up screaming right when I was getting ready to dose off. I was up an hour later feeding baby Olivia, and then finally caught a few zzzz's before it was time to feed the baby again... by then Josh's alarm was going off a thousand times, Eli woke up and the house alarm started beeping. I am thankful for my bed (it's awesome for those that are wanting to buy a Tempur-pedic.. go for it!), for my sweet 2 year old that can scream, for my healthy baby that loves to eat and for the ability to nurse her and not have to get up to make a bottle. I am thankful that my husband loves his children and went to comfort Eli last night without being asked. I am even thankful for that blessed alarm clock because that means my husband has a job to go to. 




Wow.. this is pretty easy to do. The good things way outweigh the bad! Thank you God for my many blessings. 




http://heplerfamily.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. You did it and you are very blessed! Just need the button or a link back to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I tried to put your button but I couldn't get it to work.. I opted for the link instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I will be doing one of these soon... I'll link back to both of you and offer thanks for you both! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good reminder Summer, great post!! As for the tempurpedic I have one and it is the best purchase we ever made. I will never live without one again.

    ReplyDelete