Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's been a day... 1st day off work

So I wake up early because I can't sleep any more... my back is aching, my sides are aching, it's all aching. I start a list of all the things I need to do before the baby comes... It's a page long. I offer to take Isaac to school because Eli is already stirring on the monitor... and so Josh will get home sooner. I lift him out of the crib while I have a contraction.. change his diaper and we head downstairs. It's pouring.. I mean absolutely pouring the rain. Of course our garage isn't cleaned and the car is across the drive way. I asked Isaac to go back up the car but then realized ohh yeah he's 11 and we have more than 1 car in the driveway he could possibly back into.  Eli is in his PJ's and socks.. and did I mention it's pouring .  I hand Eli to Isaac and move the car closer to the garage. I throw very gently put Eli in his seat, buckle him and drive 15 min across town to get Isaac to school.

On the way home I remember I needed to stop at the drug store so I detour and pull in.. but it's closed for 30 more min. Eli is hungry we can't wait. I stop by McDonalds to get breakfast. We get home, Eli eats his oatmeal and sausage biscuit and I eat a bacon egg and cheese biscuit (just what I need since I have already gained 37 lbs). I clean up his highchair, clean up the crumbs in the floor. I put in some laundry, go collect more laundry. Eli wants me to come sit in his playroom on the tiny chairs ( we haven't picked up the couch from Mom's that's going in there).  I send Josh a mean text message about hurrying to get the couch. Eli pitches a fit... I put him on the cry mat. He cries for his passy and blanket. I tell him he's going to go back to bed if he needs his passy. More crying. I sit down on the couch in the living room... he's still crying. He finally stops. I go in his playroom and try to sit down on the floor to play a puzzle with him.  We play and I do laundry in between.

It's almost nap time. I give Eli lunch and some strawberries and yogurt before his nap. He pours the yogurt on his plate and it's everywhere. I clean him up and the high chair up. Time for nap... he doesn't want to go go sleep today.. I trek back up stairs to tell him to go to sleep. Wheew finally, he's down! 

Nap or work on the list????? I work on our business checkbooks and filing for the next 2/12 hours. My in-laws stop by unexpectedly to pick up the grass seeder... (that's okay). I work on filing, going through the mail, and paying bills. Oh crap.. my Tahoe (the one that's ready for the hospital has an expired tag. I try to pay it online... wait it needs to be inspected. I call and make an appointment for this afternoon. 

He's awake.. I change his diaper.. and he wants milk and a snack. He eats bananas and peanut butter and doesn't make a mess! I get a call from Isaac's school saying that he is still there... What! My step-dad was supposed to pick him up... guess he forgot. I grab Eli very fast, my bags, phone and keys and head out the door. Oh it's POURING again. Repeat morning process. We drive back across town.. run in school and pick up Isaac.... we're only 45 minutes LATE! I'm having contractions... stronger... gosh they hurt! 

Time to go get the car inspected. We get there.. it's still pouring so we run in the lobby. After 10 minutes they tell me it won't pass inspection because 2 of the tires have the cord showing and the other two are pretty bare. I realize I don't have my wallet.. (it's still at home where I tried to pay the inspection online). I find 12 dollars in a bag.. wheew! My car fails inspection... I need new tires.. that's only $865.00!! More contractions.. they are 5 min apart.

I stop by the post office (it was on my list). I  check the mail but then realize that my PO Box needed to be paid... oh yeah I don't have my wallet. Let's go home. We get home.. Eli says "it's not raining". He wants to play outside. I let him ride his car while I get my things out of the car. He rides it straight in a huge mud puddle. I take off his clothes and hose him off. Oh yeah did I mention his shirt is WHITE and it's new! I scrub it and put it in the laundry room sink. He stubs his toe (the other two have just gotten better).. we go in. I put a diaper on him and sit down. Contractions are still coming.. Will we have a baby today???


2 comments:

  1. Wow...it would certainly make for a great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going back and doing a hindsight comment..."nah, not today...but how bout tomorrow?" CONGRATULATIONS!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete