Thursday, July 12, 2012

Show Us Your Life- Bathrooms

Here is another "Show us Your Life" post link up from Kelly's Korner

Master Bath-


 I love our bathroom and one of the perks to building is designing everything exactly the way you want. Josh and I both wanted an open shower...  I joke that it's so we can wheel right in when we get old. This is our "forever house" so we tried to keep that in mind when we were building. We picked out the little stones for the shower floor so it wouldn't be slippery and we both liked the look. We are both 'bath' people so we decided on a big corner tub. I opted for no jets just because of past experience and the nasty gunk that comes out when they aren't used. All my fixtures are oil rubbed bronze and I especially love the shower handle at the tub... it works great for rinsing hair, washing the tub, etc...

Our cabinets are one of my most favorite features.. I have sung praises of our cabinet guys in previous posts. I went with a dark wood with a distressed look and black glaze. The bump outs are roped and there is also matching rope trim on the crown molding at the top of the center cabinet. We went with the cabinet in the middle to I could hide my hair dryer, curling iron, and make-up. I don't like clutter! I thought my mirrors went great with the cabinets.. 30 bucks at Kirklands! 

The TV was a bonus...we have it mirrored to the TV in the master bedroom so we didn't have to purchase another Direct TV box. The downside is that you have to watch the same thing in the bedroom as you are watching in the bathroom. Eli has enjoyed taking a bath and watching Mickey Mouse at the same time. When ever I have time to actually take a leisurely bath again (in like 5 years) I will enjoy watching my shows :)

We put the toilet in a separate room so we can still use the shower, tub and sinks if someone is using the bathroom.  The last perk is the heated tile.. we haven't used this much with 100 degree weather right now but I know this winter it will be nice to step on the toasty tile floor. 







Master bath
Master bath "his and her" sinks
Master shower floor
Water Closet in Master bath
TV in Master bath
Mirror in Master bath
Corner tub in Master bath




Downstairs Bath
     
                                    Downstairs bathroom- we found this remnant piece of granite that had a lot of movement and we both loved it. The cabinets are Alder wood-stained and glazed.

    
                                 Downstairs bathroom shower- I actually switched the shower tile and the floor tile during building because I didn't want the floor to be so dark with the cabinet.

Downstairs bathroom copper sink I ordered online. I just hoped that it would look okay with my granite selection and luckily it matched perfectly!


*I don't have a picture of the upstairs Jack and Jill bath. It's pretty plain.. I still need to decorate upstairs. Both boys  have a toilet and sink and they share a tub.  I opted for a Jack and Jill so I don't have to clean so many tubs!

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely bathrooms.

    Can you tell I'm behind on reading the SUYL posts? And I'm nosy enough to want to read every single one?!?!

    ReplyDelete