Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer fun


Wow! I can't believe it is already July. This summer is flying by and this month is going to go even faster. These are a few things we have been doing this summer. Most mornings we start stirring around 9:00... that's when the E-mister wakes up. He is ready to eat as soon as his little feet hit the floor so I usually scavenge the kitchen to prepare a delicious, nutritious homemade breakfast.. ha. Usually we have eggs, oatmeal, muffins, frozen waffles, applesauce, yogurt... breakfast for champions. However there are  times such as yesterday when I haven't been to the grocery store for a week and all that is left is a couple boiled eggs and a peanut butter sandwich! Hey it works... Eli didn't seem to care the bread was a bit stale! That child can pack away the food.. he ate 4 boiled eggs the other day. Isaac, Eli, Olivia and I then go water all our newly planted plants and the porch ferns. Eli rides his power wheel around for a while while Isaac and I work. I will post a few pictures of the landscaping in progress. We have done it all ourselves so it is taking time. I try to clean, do massive amounts of laundry, pay bills, etc while everyone plays for a while. Some mornings we go to Mom's and swim in the pool... other days we just stay in our pj's :) The afternoon is nap time for Eli so Olivia gets extra special Mommy time. Occasionally, Isaac and I sometimes start projects like window washing. Isaac has been taking golf lessons this summer and is improving. He is getting ready to go to church camp for a week next Wednesday.  Evenings are always busy... we are usually outside with Daddy doing some type of house project while Eli plays and Olivia sleeps in her garage swing. Oh yeah...we have to squeeze in supper, baths and bedtime. 

I touched up all the walls today with paint after my recent blunder.. Never use a magic eraser  colored paint.. it takes the paint right off. Here is a picture of Eli painting cookies yesterday! I couldn't find any clean unused paint brushes so he used his finger. Then we mixed colors for a brief color lesson. Even in the midst of time outs, crying fits and days when I don't even get to drink my coffee I wouldn't trade it. I am enjoying watching the brief moments fly by with my three babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment