Friday, October 12, 2012

Olivia Jane is 5 months old

Lil' Miss is growing like a weed. We moved into 9 month sleepers this week. It's probably from all these mid night feedings lately. Eli or Isaac one brought home the crud and little Livi caught it. She ran a fever and has been snotty and congested. I could tell her little throat was hurting from the drainage so I've just been letting her nurse as much as she wanted through the night... Yea it's going to be fun to break this pattern. Why is it they can learn a bad pattern in 1 night but good sleep patterns take forever! The first night every time I laid her down she got choked so I inclined my bed and held the sweet baby all night. I honestly didn't mind because she just cuddled on my chest and her wee little hands touched my face... It's a wonder she has a face left I've kissed it so much!

What can Livi do now?? Well She is sitting briefly unsupported, rolling all directions and can even get off her play mat in the floor. She has started rice cereal and had homemade applesauce so far and continues to nurse every 3-4 hours during the day. She lights up when you smile and talk to her. She loves to take a bath and to have her diaper changed...the girl just likes to be nakie.. who can blame her!




Isaac was smiling at me!
I'm a bubble guppy.. see that drool!
"Can I bite this Mom?"
Sweet smiles
Happy 5 months Olivia Jane


I am so enjoying this time, even on weeks like this when the whole house has been sick and I can add up on one hand the hours of sleep I have had. When Isaac was a baby I was young, in college, and didn't have the time to just stop and enjoy every minute. Even though I spent so much one on one time with him I was always anticipating the next stage. With Eli I had to go back to work and  I am so blessed and thankful his grandparents were able to keep him, but I wasn't at home to get all those sweet snuggles during the day. Plus Eli didn't stay a baby long. He sat early, crawled early, walked early and my baby was gone. He is still a handful of energy! 

So my goal is to try to really soak in these precious days. Soon she will be crawling out of my arms and won't let me hold and rock her and I know it happens all to quickly. I feel like I am always cleaning, picking up, doing laundry and I know it has to be done but sometimes I put cleaning before playing with the kids. Because I have therapy coming into my home I don't want it to be a mess but I'm sure our therapist isn't going to know if my upstairs bathrooms are dirty.  Right now my house is a mess but I'm trying not to care. I am learning that I don't have to clean my floors 24-7 (they just get dirty again 5 minutes later), and those dirty dishes will wait. This quote is appropriate for this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment