Thursday, October 18, 2012

Olivia is learning to listen

Olivia is doing great with her little hearing computers. She isn't pulling them out (yet!) so I am thankful for that. We are still continuing our weekly therapy and Livi is learning to listen. We have several learning to listen sounds that we have inputed- airplane (ahhh), boat ( /p/, /p/), pumpkin (ha, ha), and cow (moo). We are also targeting 'power words' which are words that she would need to use frequently throughout her day. The Carolina Hurricanes have funded part of the REACH program we are enrolled in and may be interviewing us and Olivia- pretty cool! We meet with Ms. Hannah on Tuesdays over the computer for our REACH session and then Ms. Kristin (her oral/deaf educator) comes out on Wednesday mornings. Eli is at school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so that gives me extra time to work with Olivia as well. Here is a little song we wake up to in the mornings when I put her hearing aids in. I found it on Cochlear's HOPE site and adapted it a bit for Olivia. Please disregard the singing... I always make dogs howl when I sing! 






1 comment:

  1. We love you too! What a nice video... I need to update myself with blogging - I took a short vacation from it!

    ReplyDelete