Monday, October 15, 2012

It's the unexpected

Today I took all three kiddos to the dentist solo. Eli, Olivia and I checked Isaac out of school early and when we got to the Jr. high ( you walk in through the cafeteria) Eli sat down in a booth near the office and said he wanted to eat lunch right there at Isaac's school. Later when I asked Isaac if he wanted us to come eat lunch with him one day he said, " ummmmmm". I got the hint!

Let me say I was a bit worried about Eli and the dentist. Remember the hay ride incident a few weeks ago?? Plus his last 6 month visit didn't go so well! So to prepare we watched a you tube video on going to the dentist before we left and talked about the big chair and the instruments.

He was as good as gold! He sat in that chair, laid back, put the sunglasses on, and got his teeth cleaned! Whoohoo, it's the unexpected things that make your day! Plus both boys had a good check up with no cavities so that makes me happy as well.

We celebrated at one of my favorite eating establishments.... Tupulo Honey.  When we got home, both little kids napped at the same time,  and Isaac didn't have to be picked up so I took a nap! That wonderful three letter word that always seem to evade me!

No comments:

Post a Comment